Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

HELP, GENTLE READERS!

I don't usually make pitches for fundage, but this is an emergency. I don't make dime one off of this blog - nobody clicks on the ads - and I manage to stay alive by driving a taxicab, as most of you know. 

But in recent weeks the cab I drive has developed problems with the anti-theft system, ie: it sometimes refuses to recognize the coded key that starts it. A few weeks ago, it was in the shop for two solid weeks while the mechanics tried to track down the gremlin and murder it. We thought it was dead, but this afternoon it came back to life.

Now, the company pays for all these repairs; but being out of work for weeks at a time drains what little money I have. So I have started a GoFundMe campaign seeking a mere $1,200. This is really important because I am "between residences" and living at a $50-per-night cheap (but clean and with decent amenities) motel while I scout a studio or even a room with sufficient privacy in a good neighborhood. So I have swallowed the old pride and established a GoFundMe page.

I only need 120 of you guys to donate ten bucks each to reach my goal; and any amount from anyone is more than appreciated. If you wish to help out, go to www.gofundme.com/my-taxicab-is-broken .
Thank you for any help you wish to render.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive