Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

THE FIBONACCI SERIES HAS INFINITE PERFECT SQUARES

I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT THAT MAYBE I OUGHT TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN DRIVE A CAB FOR A LIVING, ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM A FREAKING GENIUS. 
 The only problem is I am WAY over fifty. Who would hire me? Besides, I don't need some asshole boss telling me to tone down my politics or be fired.

Leave us face it, I have been attacked by some of the worst viruses on the net, and yet this very machine I am writing this on is the same one that had its internet capability wiped out, and Yours Truly found out a way to fix the damage and get back up. I did NOT get a new operating program and I did not perform a reinstall, I did my research and scotched the booger on my own.  I didn't pay a tech and I didn't buy one damn thing, except for the no-shit security program I am running now. This is being written using the exact same Windows Vista operating system I was running before the attack. I didn't spend a dime in the process except, as I said, for the security program. All my files are intact and so are all of my programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.

One thing about hacking a cab is that sometimes you get a real humdinger of an idea. Usually I'm able to just knock off the job without saying boo to anyone and run home and do a bit of research. Recently this happened when I read somewhere that fhe Fibonacci series contained no perfect squares other than 1 and 144. 

It just so happens that I have been fascinated by the Fibonacci series for at least 30 years. About a year ago, I set up a spreadsheet to calculate the Fibonacci series up to one thousand numbers.  I also ran a column beside the series to calculate the ratio between one number in the series and the one immediately following, and found that - calculated to 25 decimal points; after the 137th number in the series the ratio came to an invariable 1.618033988749890000000000000. 

I set up a column to extract the square roots of these numbers, and from Fibonacci number 138 on down, out to 25 decimal points they were all whole numbers. So when I found out about this "proof" that had been discovered that there were no "perfect squares" among the numbers in the series save for 1 and 144, I hurried back home and took those square roots and ran another column multiplying them by their own values as simple integers with no decimal points, and another subtracting  the product from the original Fibonacci number.  The result was ZERO.  Every time.

To the contrary of what the mathematicians with their arcane symbols and calculations claim to have "proven"; unless Microsoft Excel has a major clinker in its innards, I, F. Allen Norman Jr., have just proven that the Fibonacci series contains INFINITE perfect squares from the 138th number in the series on down. 

I'll take that Nobel in gold bullion, thanks.




No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive