Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

I'M GETTING THE HELL OUT OF FLORIDA AND BACK TO VIRGINIA WHERE I DAMN WELL BELONG ( TFH )

Tomorrow the Broward County Homeless task force will arrive to try and assist the homeless living in the encampment in front of the Broward Main Library. 

The majority of these folks are either nutso or drug and/or alcohol dependent. As for me, my plan had been to get assistance in filing for Social Security and go from there. But when I contacted Broward County Main Offices (right across the street) I was told to await the "task force".  which would be able to assist me. 

The experience of spending two nights on the street - the worst of which I recounted in my last post - has rendered me determined to get THE FUCK OUT OF HERE and return to Alexandria where I have some friends and prospects.  If I stay here I won't be a "beach bum".  I'll just be a bum with the rest of the bums waiting to glom off my Social Security. And that's completely unacceptable to me.  

Oh by the way, I did sample a wee bit of Fort Lauderdale's "Spring Break".  And even though the drinking age is raised to 21, the behavior of the male horn-dogs is worse than I ever saw it in other settings when beer and wine could be had by 18 year olds. It was a completely disgusting spectacle.  One way or another, tomorrow I am outta here and on my way back to Alexandria, even if I have to hitchhike. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive