Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT "REGISTERED BEER" IS

Back when I was a teenager, a favorite illicit (for teens) quaff was a brand of beer known as "Weidemann's". (Because of the name we liked to drink it with a little weed). The company declined since but has recently made for a surge with a new brewery. 

Weidemann's advertised itself as "America's only registered beer". One jingle went: "Weidemann's got it.. go get it! Weidemann's registered beer". 

For decades I have wondered: Registered with whom, exactly; and for what reason and to what effect? I even e-mailed them with these questions and as a result have only been pestered with their new ads on Facebook. 

Does anybody know where this "registered" business comes from? Personally I don't register either my firearms nor my beverages. My guess is this has something to do with Prohibition.  Tell me if you know.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive