Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ALEXANDRIA POLICE OFFICER SHOT, GRAVELY WOUNDED BY ALEXANDRIA TAXICAB DRIVER DURING ROUTINE TRAFFIC STOP.


Right now there is not sufficient information - other than that known to the police investigating this shooting to determine whether the shooter was actually an Alexandria licensed taxicab operator or whether it was someone using the vehicle unlawfully.
 
The wounded officer is at this time and as far as I know still fighting "life-threatening" injuries. His name, released about an hour ago is Peter Laboy.
 
The shooter is a man with the last name of Bashir. I don't believe I know this person.
 
Why a cab driver would shoot a cop - again, if the shooter actually was a cabbie - is beyond me. Working the early-morning hours it is a comfort to see a cop in my rearview mirror, especially if I have a person or people in the back seat who are creeping me out.
 
Now I have to get back to work. I'll bet dollars to donuts there's a knot of reporters at the King Street and Van Dorn Metro stops and they're bugging the living hell out of the drivers, especially from my outfit.
 
This is beyond terrible. Our thoughts and prayers are for the successful and speedy recovery of Officer Laboy and for comfort for his family and his fellow officers.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive