Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

CHRISTMAS 2016

Well, here it is Christmas and I'm about miserable. "Between residences" and living in a  $300 per week motel, and maybe soon in my cab because the hack developed problems with its anti-theft system and for almost two weeks it just flat refused to permit me to start it. The good news is that the mechanic and I found a way to reset the system and it mostly starts up on the first or second try. So if by some miracle I go out tonight and work 24 hours in a row and don't wind up with every nitwit I pick up shoving a plastic rectangle in my face instead of cash, I might be able to get caught up here.  But I've lost almost two grand in income because of that damned cab, and instead of buying everybody a bottle of Benedictine D.O.M. I am struggling to stay out of the cold. 

But for all that, I'm thankful that I'm living here in the USA and not in some war-torn hellhole on the other side of the globe. And I'm happy that my friends have kids and grandkids who are for one night out of the year actually eager to go to sleep. 

And so I'm hoping for a "Christmas miracle" in the next 24 hours. And  I (and you) shouldn't lose sight of the true Miracle of Christmas: The birth of The Savior 2016 years ago. He watches over me, so I'll be all right. And so will you and yours. 

A very merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive