Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2017

THANKSGIVING 2017

NOVEMBER 23 2017
2227 HOURS

I worked/catnapped from about 6 yesterday morning until about noon today and did okay; about three hundred something. I had planned something special for this year: the Golden Corral buffet, which I have heard is pretty good. But I got there just at 4:30 PM and they had just closed. This is too bad since I had to drive more than 40 miles to get there (it's in Fredericksburg). Rats. So Thanksgiving dinner was a turkey and stuffing bowl at the Fredericksburg WaWa.  Not bad but still...

I did get a chance to estimate how early I'd have to rise if I moved to Dumfries as I am planning to. It'd be at least an hour's commute. But on the flip side it's much more rural than this traffic clogged mess I make my living in. 

I started out pissed off as hell at the boneheads who run Alexandria and are ruining the taxi industry with all their so-called "improvements". But over dinner - which I ate in the cab - I realized once I counted my blessings that I really on the whole and all things considered don't have all that much to bitch about.

This post was going to be a lot longer and more thoughtful. But I am tired, folks, and need my beauty sleep. 

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and no arguments about the stupid politics for just one day. The old tryptophan is kicking in now. As Red Skelton used to say: "Good night, and may God bless".

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive