Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

THE FITIETH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ASSASINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN FITZGERALD KENNEDY

Fifty years ago today, the world turned upside down in a way it would not again until September 11 2001. I was 10 years old and sitting in a fifth grade classroom in what was then Wayne Township, Ohio; having been detained ffrom recess for some classroom mischief.
 
I learned of the Kennedy assasination when a girl in my class came in skipping and clapping her hands, gleefully announcing Kennedy'd demise. Her parents were hard-shell anti-Catholic Baptists who hated the idea of a "Popish" President. As I sat in disbeloef and watched her gaather her books and skip out the door, the Principal's voice came over the intercom and announced the event, instructing students who rode the bus to gather at the stop and for kids loke me who were in walking distance to leave for home; and that school would resume after Thanksgiving break.
 
Of course the conspiracy theorists started up immediately, and the controversy continues to this day.
 
My take on the matter is that Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone nut, but this is because all the conspiracy theories presented thus far are full of holes, and some have been completely debunked. However, if I had to guess at the most likely author of a plot to assasinate Kennedy, I'd have to put my money on then- Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson. There is a new book out on this very subject, and I have heard it reviewed by some very sane and reasonable people.  It is called "The Case Against Lyndon Johnson"; and I bet there is not a dull page in it.
 
Sooner or later the truth will come out. Whatever that truth is, it would be nice to find out for sure exactly what was going on in Dallas, Texas on Novebember 22nd, 1963.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive