Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

THE AGE OF AQUARIUS: IF THIS INFLUENCES YOUR THINKING IN ANY WAY, YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT IT IS BULLSHIT

"WHEN THE MOON IS IN THE SEVENTH HOUSE,
AND JUPITER ALIGNS WITH MARS,
THEN PEACE WILL RULE THE PLANET,
AND LOVE WILL STEER THE STARS"

Those are the opening lyrics of the song "Aquarius" from the "Rock-Musical" "Hair"; which the parents of my generation hated (and so we adored it) and which I for one now despise as the degnerate anthem of hedonism which I now recognize it as being.

(Okay, okay. There are a couple of songs which, out of context of the rest of the opus I like. "Frank Mills", "My Conviction" and Abie Baby" I find quite good. But I digress.)

I myself have an "Aquarian" birthdate, and when people find this out they say, "Well, that explains it" (meaning my personality, which was once described in a horoscope (accurately, to give the Devil his due) as being "a curious mix of conservatism and unorthodoxy". 

So, if my being  an "Aquarian" "Explains" me, consider some people who share my Aquarian birthday: 

ELLA FITZGERALD, American jazz "scat" singer

WAYNE GRETZKY, American hockey star
eneral 
PAUL NEUMAN, American actor and race car driver, 

DOUGLAS MACARTHUR, American five-star general in World War II,

And last but not least: 

NICOLAI CEAUCESCU; THE ROMANIAN COMMUNIST DICTATOR WHO WAS SUCH AN ASSHOLE THAT HIS OWN PEOPLE STOOD HIM AND HIS BITCH WIFE UP IN FRONT OF A   FIRING SQUAD ON CHRISTMAS DAY. 

The only thing I might have in common with any of these people is that I drink coffee (except for Ceaucescu, who from all reports preferred tea.). 

As to this " Age of Aquarius" crapola, know this: Jupiter aligns with Mars several times each decade, and the Moon is in the astrological Seventh House for two hours each day. 

The fault lies not in the stars, but in ourselves. And the Hope resides with God. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive